Monday, April 25, 2011

Wrapsody of Color

Kaffe Fassett fabric inspiration

Recipe for color and fibers

Luxury and color what more can a girl want...


Mix in some sparkle and lets get started

I just kept going and already halfway there,liking the colors...
Spring is thinking really hard it just might stay for awhile so with that said, I start on yet another colorful path.  I was inspired   this week by a project I saw in my favorite knitting group, and dare I say, I really couldn"t help myself.  So off I went to collect some brand new yarn that I just had to have to start this spring wrap.  This is just right up my alley as I can just have fun with color and run with that ,my kind of wrap.  Should I make a wrong turn somewhere along the way, no matter.  I have this very graphic floral fabric with some fantastic colors that got me to thinking hmmmm.... I must have a wrap to go with this fabric, soon  to become a crisp cotton skirt donned with a simple white cotton tee,simple yet pretty.  The fabric is by Kaffe Fassett one of my favorite fabric designers his colors are so unusual ,but they just work for me.  Did I say just one,oh yeah because that is always the way it starts ,right?   Not to worry I have many favorites we can talk about that at another time.  I picked out some yarns and then I looked at the fabric and thought wow!  Most of these yarn colors are similar so I just kept on going.  Needless to say I just kept moving forward and picked some fun and colorful yarns that consist of many different fibers, silk,lurex,rayon,cotton and so on...A little luxury, every girl needs a little and so a wrap was created.  By the way I am using an Amy Butler pattern for the skirt and when I find the pattern I will share that with all of you.  I have wanted to make this since last summer, but was sort of led astray and so it goes.  Love, love , love the colors together and the Crystal Palace yarn called Deco Stardust is very spark ly and just adds so much.   I used several nice yarns such as Debbie Bliss, Louisa Harding and so on.  Gorgeous when the sun reflects the soft  and sparkles just right.  Enough  now for the pictures.  They always speak much louder than words.  Wouldn"t you agree? 

No comments: